ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Meet with the Veteran/VOB a minimum of 4 hours per month. The meetings can be through video conferencing, face-to-face, phone or any other means of communication that works for both the Veteran/VOB and Mentor.
- Attend orientation meetings with The Jonas Project.
- Submit feedback reports to TJP concerning the Veteran/VOB in a timely manner.
- Introduce the Veteran/VOB to various civic groups in the community.
- Provide counsel to the Veteran/VOB in the Mentor’s field of expertise.
- Assist in recruiting other Mentors.
- Approve any purchase for the Veteran/VOB that exceeds $1000. Three bids must exist.
- Coordinate with the Veteran/VOB support team to ensure Veteran receives additional Mentor expertise as needed.
- Collaborate with other Mentors and TJP to share ideas and success stories.
- Work with Program Generalist for assignments and problem solving with regard to Veteran/VOB.
- Maintain complete confidentiality between Mentor, Veteran, and TJP.